REVIEW: MAC Lustre Lipstick in Hug Me

I'm sorry, it's been awhile since I last made a review. I got busy during the weekend holidays and was out for a couple of days. Nevertheless, I'm back to have a review for another lip product. :)


So what I will be reviewing today is a MAC Lustre lipstick in Hug Me. I got this from Ate Milna of Pink Mommy. I don't know how much they retail this in stores but in MAC Cosmetic's website, it's $15. I don't usually go out so I only know a few MAC stores here in the Philippines where they may have this. SM Mall of Asia in Pasay City, Rustan's in Ayala Center and Power Plant Mall. Yes, I only know those three, sorry. Enough with the blabber.



 
The signature case and cover of MAC Lustre Lipsticks
MAC Hug Me uncapped; without flash
MAC in Hug Me uncapped; with flash
Swatches: (L) with flash ; (R) without flash
Pro's:
  • Moisturizing; lips instantly looked hydrated and ultra-moist even without wearing a lip balm under it so you can wear this alone.
  • Semi-sheer and with "just good" wet-look lustre finish.
  • Very slick and makes lips appear soft and smooth.
  • Pigment is very good; appears bare / nude in my lips (I'm morena, by the way).
  • Nice smell; I'm not good in judging how a certain product smells but this, in my opinion resembles something like vanilla. Nevertheless, it has a pleasing smell.
  • Available in many shades; you can choose what fits best for your skin tone.
  • Glides smoothly on lips; you can swipe it straight from the tube and not use any lip brush anymore, but you can also use one to outline and perfect the application. If applied straight from the tube, I can say it's pretty much time saving. Perfect for women that are always on-the-go.
  • Good packaging; dropped it but its still whole, the lipstick still intact. It's not sturdy unlike any other lipsticks' package or case. Comparisons made with a cheaper product so I guess this MAC lipstick stands for its price.
  • Available in most malls; finding one for yourself would be very easy. You can also order from them online.
  • Looks good in your kit; can fit in your makeup stash just like any other lipsticks.

Con's:
  • Not long lasting; it stayed on for two to three hours, with eating and drinking in between. Lasted for four to six hours if you won't eat, drink or habitually lick your lips. LOL.
  • Compared to other lipsticks here in the Philippines, this one's a bit pricey; US $15 for 3 g / 0.1 US oz.
Overall rating:
 



5 comments:

  1. The Lustre formulation is really like that :) But it's a good color! Perfect for daily use!

    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. the lipsticks are very nice *_* your blog is very good and interesting. maybe follow? im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah it does look good I love its color but I'm turn off how fast it lasts. Love ur blog, cz I love giveaways. Im following u now, check out my blog too. <3

    hazehazyhazel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review Isabel.:)
    Nice post !!1
    Thank you for participating in my giveaway dear.:)
    i am following you too now.
    stay in touch..<3
    xoxo

    http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU for all the love, girls! ❤

    ReplyDelete

Comments