REVIEW: Acnesol + My Current Skin Care Routine

My common skin dilemma: pimples -- and I hate it as much as everyone of us do. I have tried various products to find the one that will work perfectly for my skin. Sadly, I haven't found "the one" yet. So here goes my current skin care routine. I am using Hortaleza M.D's Acnesol Treatment for pimple prone skin. I bought it from HBC, where it is, I think, exclusively distributed for P250/set.



First, I use the Acnesol Pimple Control Facial Wash (2.1 oz / 60 g)
 
What it says:
Hortaleza, M.D. Acnesol Pimple Control Facial Wash is a soap-free wash formulated with alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) and a sebostatic ingredient to help control pimples. It also contains allantoin to provide soothing relief to skin.

For you content critics out there, here are the ingredients:
Deionized water, Disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, Cocoamidopropylbetaine, Triethanolamine alkyl phosphate, Lactic acid, Alpha hydroxy acid, Potassium azeloyl diglycinate, Sodium chloride, Fragrance.

Then, the Acnesol Toner (2.03 fl.oz / 60 mL)
What it says: 
Hortaleza, M.D. Acnesol Pimple Control Facial Toner is formulated with a sebostatic active ingredient to help prevent and control pimples while offering soothing benefit for skin that is clear and healthy-looking.

Ingredients:
Aqua, ethyl alcohol, potassium azelaoyl diglycinate, sodium hyaluronate, lactic acid, caprylyl glycol, allantoin, fragrance.


Finally, the Acnesol Pimple Cream (1.1 oz / 30 g)
What it says:
Hortaleza, M.D. Acnesol Pimple Control Facial Cream is formulated with a sebostatic active ingredient to help prevent and control pimples while offering soothing benefit for skin that is clear and healthy-looking.

Ingredients:
Deionized water, caprylic capric triglyceride, shea butter, aqualene, potassium azeloyl diglycinate, methydibromoglutarinitrile phenoxyethanol, hydroxyethylacrylate sodium acryloydimethyl taurate, fragrance.


Recently, I'm using St. Ive's facial firming clay mask twice a week to remove the deep seated dirt on my face.

After a week of using these, I noticed several new small pimples and dry areas around my face so I've decided to skip the pimple cream and use a moisturizer instead. I don't want to use the pimple cream and moisturizer at the same time because I might confuse my skin and it may lead to a more serious acne problem -- I'm afraid of that. Here's what I use after applying the toner.

Myra Facial Moisturizer

Etude House Aqua Cure Emulsion


What I think:
This Acnesol range is cheaper (for P250 the whole set) than other acne-prone skin products and after using it for almost a month, the occurrence of having inflamed pimples have ceased but Acnesol didn't dry them nor healed the pimple faster. In addition, it didn't helped in lightening the marks left by my much-hated pimples. I think I will just finish these three bottles and find some other products that will hopefully solve my problem. Moreover, you can buy these individually. I think the pimple cream alone is P140, so you can save much when you buy the whole set instead. I also commend its smell and after putting the pimple cream, I'm oil-free for about two to four hours.

Note: What works for me might not have the same effect on you and vice versa as we have different skin-types. So I advise you to buy at your own risk.

Verdict:
3.5 out of 5


3 comments:

  1. nice products *_* your blog is very good and interesting <3 im glad if you visit my blog, too <3 keep in touch!

    xx
    beauthi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Different medicine square measure obtainable for skin disorder. What ought to be the order within which one ought to apply those? might you offer any algorithm?Thanks
    Obagi Skin CareProducts

    ReplyDelete

Comments